Our housekeepers are household professionals that specialize in cleaning. We vet our housekeepers to the highest standards of professionalism and integrity. A housekeeper placed by Helping Hands will expertly handle common household chores that includes but may not be limited to cleaning bathrooms, scrubbing floors, vacuuming, and mopping. In addition to cleaning our housekeepers will make beds, stock bathrooms with supplies, take out the trash, or cleaning furniture. Most of our housekeepers have many years of experience working for some of the most demanding people in the Washington DC and Palm Springs Florida regions.
A Housekeeper from Helping Hands is guaranteed to have a strong attention to detail, and dedication to cleanliness. They are hard-working, self-motivated, able to manage their time well, and work productively without constant supervision. Some of our housekeepers have advanced educations and all of our housekeepers are able to communicate well with the family about items in need of repair. We do complete background checks on all of our housekeepers and guarantee them to be trustworthy around valuable household items, and be knowledgeable on all methods of cleaning. We meticulously screen our housekeepers for their honesty, listening skills, energy, organizational skills, reliability, and adaptability.
We have placed housekeepers to:
- Clean rooms, hallways, entryway, lounges, bathrooms, corridors, elevators and stairways
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers
- Transport other trash and waste to disposal areas
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors
- Dust and polish furniture and kitchen equipment
- Keep storage areas well-stocked, clean, and tidy
- Polish silver accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings
- Remove debris from driveways, garages, and swimming pool areas
- Replace light bulbs
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items
- Sort clothing and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items
- Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary
- Assign duties to other staff and give instructions regarding work methods and routines
- Request repair services and wait for repair workers to arrive
- Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers
- Hang draperies and dust window blinds
- Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses
- Plan menus, and cook and serve meals and refreshments following employer’s instructions or own methods
- Prepare rooms for meetings, and arrange decorations, media equipment and furniture for social or business functions
- Take care of pets by grooming, exercising, and/or feeding them
- Wash dishes and clean kitchens, cooking utensils, and silverware
- Answer telephones and doorbells
- Purchase or order groceries and household supplies to keep kitchens stocked, and record expenditures
- Run errands such as taking laundry to the cleaners and buying groceries
Because we specialize in placing domestic employees in the Washington DC and Palm Beach Florida regions, we understand the needs of residents in these markets. We are not a job board but a private agency serving the most discerning customers. The hiring process at Helping Hands begins with every client talking with Stephanie Hecht. Stephanie has been recruiting household staffing for the most demanding households since 1980. Stephanie makes sure she understands your concerns and has a roster of some of the finest housekeepers in the Washington DC, Northern Virginia and Maryland areas as well as South Eastern Florida.
Give Stephanie a call today at (301) 251-1475 for a free consultation.